1. Susan on the New York Times — Caramelized Sheet-Pan French Toast
While this recipe takes overnight preparation, the satisfying first crunch makes all that work worth it. Coating the bread in sugar right before it goes into the oven results in a delightful caramelized shell. Because it soaks overnight, this recipe works best with sturdy bread.
2. America’s Test Kitchen — Easy Baked French Toast
America’s Test Kitchen sheet-pan French toast recipe is built for ease and efficiency. Perhaps best of all, it minimizes the dishes that need to be cleaned afterwards. Unlike most recipes that require a separate soaking dish, the custard is poured directly onto the baking sheet.
3. Lynn on Oprah.com — Sheet Pan French Toast
Along with optional bananas, this recipe only calls for three ingredients. If you keep eggs, cinnamon, and sandwich bread in stock, you can whip this recipe up in no time. This recipe can be made a few hours ahead of time or baked right away.
4. Food Play Go Kristan Watson — Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
Fun dipping action makes this recipe great to make with kids. Adding cinnamon halfway through the dipping process makes fanciful swirly patterns on every piece of French toast. Best of all, this recipe only uses two dishes: a mixing bowl and a sheet pan.
5. Savory — Almond & Orange French Toast
Although this recipe is a little more involved, it is full of nuanced flavors. Maple syrup, almonds, orange, vanilla, and, of course, eggs come together to create the magic. You can serve this as a dinner-party dessert or for weekend guests.
6. Beth at Harvest Market — Dairy-Free French Toast
Yes, French toast is very possible to make with dairy-free ingredients! Oat milk and vegan butter make luxurious sheet-pan French toast. To round out breakfast (or breakfast for dinner), this recipe pairs French toast with fresh fruit and bacon.
7. Grace at Real Simple — English Muffin French Toast
For an exciting twist on normal French toast, this recipe uses English muffins. All of the notorious English muffin nooks and crannies mean more surface area. More surface area means more custard is soaked into the muffin. Top it all off with a cherry, orange, and chia seed compote.
8. Twisted — Chocolate & Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Chocolate, strawberries, and French toast are the ultimate indulgence for this breakfast extravaganza. Of course, you could switch the strawberries out for any fruit that tastes good with chocolate. This is a fantastic recipe for the discerning eater who prefers to avoid bread crusts.
9. Ashley on The Recipe Rebel — Light-ish Overnight Caramel French Toast
This French toast might not be good for you, but it is better for you than it could be. A small amount of heavy cream is mixed with low-fat milk for a marginally healthier French toast experience. Gooey caramel bottoms and crunchy tops complement each other perfectly.
10. Aroma of Zanzibar & Beyond — French Toast Brûlée
This recipe uses whole wheat French bread, but is flexible enough for you to use your favorite bread. For gooier French toast, let your bread soak in the custard overnight. While the video shows a high-walled baking sheet, this can easily be prepared in a sheet pan or jellyroll pan.
11. Kim’s Cravings — French Toast Casserole
If your baking sheet has high walls, this is a fantastic make-ahead recipe. Of course, the longer the custard soaks in the bread, the less structure the bread has. This recipe includes some fun mix-in ideas to really jump-start your creativity.
12. Tasty — French Toast Sticks in French Toast Bowls
For a creative spin on French toast, check out these French toast bowls and cereal-crusted French toast sticks. While this recipe fills the bowls with fresh berries and the French toast sticks, the possibilities are endless. Flavored whipped creams, chocolate, or fruit compotes would all taste delicious in this bowl.
13. Better Homes & Gardens — Banana-Stuffed French Toast
Soft, creamy bananas and a crunchy peanut topping make this French bread recipe an explosion of flavors. Add some strawberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you will have picture-worthy banana split French toast. If bananas are not your jam, try mixing in your favorite fruit instead.
14. Laura Ann — Butter-Fried Sheet Pan French Toast
Spreading a thick layer of butter directly on the sheet pan results in a luxurious oven-fried effect. Sprinkling brown sugar and cinnamon on the layer of butter helps build those classic French toast flavors. After baking, the sugar creates a crunchy crust.
15. Whole and Heavenly Oven — Baked Almond Streusel French Toast
What goes better with gooey French toast than a crunchy streusel topping? Because this French toast recipe takes less than 30 minutes, it is a great candidate for a fast breakfast. Of course, you can also splurge and make it as breakfast for dinner.
16. Creative Cooking in Oni’s Kitchen — Coco Lopez French Toast Casserole
Using Coco Lopez coconut cream can give your French toast a tropical spin. While this video shows a glass dish, Oni recommends using a sheet pan when using an entire loaf of bread. For utter bliss, top this French toast casserole with marshmallow cream, fresh mango, or a caramel drizzle.
17. Garnish with Lemon — Brioche Caramel Pecan Overnight French Toast
If you are unable to find a stale loaf of brioche, this recipe includes how to get your bread ready. Oven-frying French toast is one way to achieve taste bud rapture. Because the sauce will harden as it cools, it is important to serve this French toast as soon as possible.
18. Food Addict — French Toast Stuffed with Chocolate & Banana
Although it sounds complex, this French toast recipe is really quite simple. The most time-consuming parts are chopping the crusts off the bread slices and grating chocolate. You may need to slice the bananas very thinly depending on how tall your baking sheet’s walls are.
19. Zupan’s Markets — Lemon Curd French Toast with Berries & Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Lemon curd stuffing gives each slice of French toast a luscious burst of lemony flavor. After being pan-fried for some golden-brown color, these double-thick French toast slices finish on a sheet pan in the oven. For an unforgettable treat, serve with silky mascarpone whipped cream and succulently sweet berries.
20. Foodies of South Africa — S’more-Filled French Toast
This recipe starts out like most French toast recipes, but quickly goes to the next level. Cocoa powder is included in the custard for some chocolaty decadence. While still in the skillet, marshmallows and a chocolate bar are added. The marshmallows caramelize in the oven on your trusty sheet pan.
21. Tiffany on Creme de la Crumb — Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Combine two breakfast favorites in this easy-to-follow recipe. Cinnamon, cream cheese, and butter come together to transform cubed bread into an indulgent treat. Because this is an overnight casserole, it is perfect for holidays, guests, or just a lazy Saturday morning. Even picky eaters approve of this sweet treat!
22. BestBitesForever — Brioche French Toast with Pecan Crème and Figs
For a self-indulgent French toast experience, whip some cream cheese, pecans, and honey together. This nutty crème coats each slice of French toast while it finishes baking in the oven. To show how versatile this recipe is, the video shows a few topping options including figs and edible flowers.
23. Amy on Yummy Toddler Food — Eggnog French Toast Sticks for the Freezer
It does not take much effort to prepare these freezer French toast sticks, and even less to eat them. Eggnog gives these a rich and subtle flavor even picky kids will love. Unlike some French toast recipes that are overly sweet, these French toast sticks let the toppings provide sweetness.
24. Twisted — Chocolate & Banana French Toast Swirls
Get ready to impress with these French toast swirls. This recipe uses chocolate spread and banana slices, but you could use any French-toast compatible flavors. Imagine making these swirls with peanut butter and cocoa pebbles or marshmallow cream with crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips. The potential here is endless!
25. Pastry Chef Online — Heart-Shaped Apple & Butterscotch Stuffed French Toast
Yes, this French toast recipe is as dramatic as it sounds. If it is too much work for one day, you can split it up over a few days. The butterscotch and apple filling that spills out of these hearts is decadent to make your sweetheart swoon.
26. Spoon University — Doughnut French Toast Casserole
You can use either fresh doughnuts or stale doughnuts to make this indulgent doughnut French toast casserole. Pick your favorite type of doughnut to create an unparalleled French toast experience. This French toast casserole does require an overnight soaking for maximum French custardy flavor.
27. Advent Health — Fast Tofu French Toast
Easy preparation sets this recipe apart. All you need to do is place all non-bread ingredients in a blender and puree. The French toast bakes after being soaked in the custard. That is all there is to it! The silken tofu gives this French toast a savory, yogurt vibe.
28. Cooking with Honey — Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
While this video shows a glass casserole dish, you could make cinnamon roll casserole in any walled sheet pan. All you have to do is cut up two tubes of cinnamon rolls and pour a custard mixture on top. A sweet, goopy icing brings these two classic breakfast desserts together.
29. Inside BruCrew Life — Cherry Chocolate Bagel French Toast Bake
To get your bagels ready for maximum custard absorption, toast them on a sheet pan. You could use a walled sheet pan to make this bake. However, you may need to reduce the cook time. With cherries, chocolate, and coconut, this recipe is perfect for breakfasts, snacks, or suppers.
30. The Domestic Geek — Nutella & Strawberry Baked French Toast CroissantsFlaky croissants are the perfect vehicles to soak up French toast custard. Before baking, add dollops of chocolate hazelnut spread and strawberries to voyage to taste bud heaven. The best part about this recipe is its versatility — you can use your favorites to make personalized French toast.
31. Play Party Plan — Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
Easy to customize, this French toast casserole is an excellent base. To ensure even cooking, a water-filled baking sheet acts as a water bath. This recipe is foolproof — no need to worry about a burned outside and raw inside. For novice bakers, this recipe includes a “frequently asked questions” section.
32. Elizabeth Findley — Orange Pecan Oven-Baked French Toast
Chopped pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter act as a good base for this French toast bake. Ensuring the slices of bread are packed snuggly into the baking pan is key to this recipe. It also means that you will have more French toast per baking sheet.
33. Bobby Flay on the Food Network — Churros French Toast with White Chocolate-Orange Ganache
A fun twist on a classic, this recipe is served with an orange-infused chocolate sauce. Before the recipe really gets going, bread strips are oven-toasted on baking. This recipe shows skillet-cooked French toast, but you could definitely bake the finished product for a lighter oven-fried effect.
34. From Garden to Kitchen and More with Grandma Rozann — Baked French Toast for a Crowd
Grandma Rozann’s recipe is easy to scale up to accommodate large crowds. While her video shows how to prepare it for three bread slices, it is easy to make in larger quantities. Because all the custard is poured into the baking sheet, this method also prevents the leftover custard conundrum.
34 Best Sheet Pan French Toast Recipes
- Susan on the New York Times — Caramelized Sheet-Pan French Toast
- America’s Test Kitchen — Easy Baked French Toast
- Lynn on Oprah.com — Sheet Pan French Toast
- Food Play Go Kristan Watson — Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
- Savory — Almond & Orange French Toast
- Beth at Harvest Market — Dairy-Free French Toast
- Grace at Real Simple — English Muffin French Toast
- Twisted — Chocolate & Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- Ashley on The Recipe Rebel — Light-ish Overnight Caramel French Toast
- Aroma of Zanzibar & Beyond — French Toast Brûlée
- Kim’s Cravings — French Toast Casserole
- Tasty — French Toast Sticks in French Toast Bowls
- Better Homes & Gardens — Banana-Stuffed French Toast
- Laura Ann — Butter-Fried Sheet Pan French Toast
- Whole and Heavenly Oven — Baked Almond Streusel French Toast
- Creative Cooking in Oni’s Kitchen — Coco Lopez French Toast Casserole
- Garnish with Lemon — Brioche Caramel Pecan Overnight French Toast
- Food Addict — French Toast Stuffed with Chocolate & Banana
- Zupan’s Markets — Lemon Curd French Toast with Berries & Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Foodies of South Africa — S’more-Filled French Toast
- Tiffany on Creme de la Crumb — Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- BestBitesForever — Brioche French Toast with Pecan Crème and Figs
- Amy on Yummy Toddler Food — Eggnog French Toast Sticks for the Freezer
- Twisted — Chocolate & Banana French Toast Swirls
- Pastry Chef Online — Heart-Shaped Apple & Butterscotch Stuffed French Toast
- Spoon University — Doughnut French Toast Casserole
- Advent Health — Fast Tofu French Toast
- Cooking with Honey — Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Inside BruCrew Life — Cherry Chocolate Bagel French Toast Bake
- The Domestic Geek — Nutella & Strawberry Baked French Toast Croissants
- Play Party Plan — Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
- Elizabeth Findley — Orange Pecan Oven-Baked French Toast
- Bobby Flay on the Food Network — Churros French Toast with White Chocolate-Orange Ganache
- From Garden to Kitchen and More with Grandma Rozann — Baked French Toast for a Crowd