Usually, there is that specific cookware that almost everyone wants to splurge their money on because it is a good investment. Though, sometimes people just want to ride along with the hype. One among many cookware that got everyone searching for it is the Blue Diamond Pan, and if you are one of them, do not stop here and keep reading this Blue Diamond Pan in-depth review.
What is a Blue Diamond Pan?
The Blue Diamond Pan is advertised as a ceramic frying pan that is also non-stick. However, not everyone may be familiar with a Blue Diamond Pan because it has not yet been a long time since it was released in the market and seen on tv commercials and online advertisements.
But the hype is slowly getting real because of the curiosity of the consumers if it has a lot of millions of diamonds, as advertised. The excellent marketing strategy has stimulated the interest of the viewers.
The Cookware Company is the manufacturer behind this cookware who has claimed to produce environmentally-friendly and healthy cookware of high quality. The Blue Diamond brand is just one among many brands this company manufactures.
It is a global company specializing in making and innovating cookware where its huge sales offices are based in Asia, Europe, and the United States, while most of its factories are located in China, Germany, and Korea.
Physical Key Features of the Blue Diamond Pan
Before we dig deeper about the advantages and disadvantages of the Blue Diamond Pan, let us first familiarize ourselves with its physical attributes.
The majority of the Blue Diamond pan is made out of aluminum which gives the base more strength and more resistance to warping. Since it is made from aluminum, it is considered a cookware that is great at conducting heat and is lightweight.
Its physical attributes are also some of the few reasons why consumers go for this brand because it is somehow aesthetically pleasing due to its bright blue exterior finish, which you can flaunt in your kitchen.
It can be a staple accessory in your uncluttered kitchen as it is not considered an eyesore and can match well with any kitchen interior design.
The Blue Diamond Pan is also non-stick cookware because of its diamond-infused ceramic coating. Your Blue Diamond pan can be bought and best partnered with other varieties of the Blue Diamond, such as the saute pan, saucepans, and stockpots, all of which are complete with a glass lid cover and stainless steel handle.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Blue Diamond Pan
Every type of cookware and every brand has its pros and cons. Of course, these products may be made by machine, making them almost flawlessly perfect, but their characteristics and functionality often identify the pros and cons.
You may take a look at the table below for a summarized review of the pros and cons of using the Blue Diamond Pan:
|Affordable||False and Misleading Advertising|
|Lightweight||Not safe to use with induction stove|
|Durable||Handles can get too hot|
|Wide range of options||Coating eventually peels off|
|Non-toxic||Gets scratches easily|
|Non-stick||Not good at heat distribution|
|Dishwasher, oven, and broiler safe||Limited lifetime warranty|
7 Advantages of Blue Diamond Pan
Read through below about the seven advantages of the Blue Diamond Pan for thorough understanding:
- Affordability – It is pretty affordable compared to the other types and brands of a nonstick pan.
- Lightweight – The base material of the Blue Diamond pan is made of aluminum which explains why it is lightweight.
- Durable – The diamond-infused ceramic coating, as well as the aluminum core, makes the pan durable.
- Wide range of options – The Blue Diamond has a wide range of options with regard to the sizes and shapes of each cookware.
- Non-toxic – The materials used in making the Blue Diamond pan do not contain any harmful toxins and chemicals. Hence, it is 100% toxin-free and safe to use for cooking.
- Non-stick – It has a diamond-infused ceramic coating which makes it nonstick.
- Dishwasher, Oven, and Broiler Safe – The pan is safe to use in an oven, broiler, and dishwasher. However, it is advisable not to use the dishwasher regularly as it can also result in quick damage to the pan.
7 Disadvantages of Blue Diamond Pan
Read through below about the seven disadvantages of the Blue Diamond Pan for thorough understanding:
- False and Misleading Advertising – The use and other characteristics are not 100% similar to how it was advertised. The marketing strategy can be great, but it is exaggerated.
- Not safe to use with induction stove – You can use almost any type of cooktop except the induction stove.
- Handles can get too hot – It can be quite dangerous for you to use this, especially while cooking. The cookware handles are made of metal that eventually gets scorchingly hot as the heat temperature rises.
- Coating eventually peels off – The nonstick coating eventually peels off even if you use it for a short period. Moreover, the nonstick layer is easier to peel off when you regularly use a dishwasher to clean the cookware.
- Gets visible scratches easily – The surface is sensitive that persistent usage of a ball of steel wool or metal utensils will result in visible scratches and, worse, peel off the coating. Therefore, use wooden or silicone utensils instead.
- Not good at heat distribution – The Blue diamond pan is not good at heat distribution compared to other nonstick cookware.
- Limited lifetime warranty – The lifetime warranty is misleading. It is considered limited as there are grounds for consideration and approval if the company will replace or fix the cookware.
4 Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly, consumers will have many questions on their minds, especially if they are not that familiar with the brand, and seek customer reviews to help them discern if the product they are about to purchase will be worth their penny.
Here are the frequently asked questions about the Blue Diamond Pan, which you can use as your guide during your discernment process:
Is it safe to use a Blue Diamond Pan?
According to the Blue Diamond pan manufacturer, they use a Thermolon ceramic for the nonstick coating of the pan, which is free from PFOA, lead, nickel, cadmium, and PTFE. Meaning it is free from any toxins and is considered safe to use for cooking.
The brand has claimed and confirmed that their products have a nonstick coating that is toxin-free and compliant with the guidelines of the US FDA as well as the Madrid Statement.
Are there actual diamonds in the Blue Diamond Pan?
The brand has claimed in their advertisement that the ceramic coating has been infused with thousands or millions of diamonds in the pan because it is considered a great heat conductor compared to other materials and extremely durable.
The ceramic coating has been infused with diamonds. Though the claim of having diamonds in the pan is partially true, these diamonds are not gem-grade stones but rather industrial-grade dust of a diamond.
Why is the lifetime warranty limited?
The lifetime warranty announcement during the advertisement of the Blue Diamond pan can be misleading as the information is not well explained.
Its lifetime warranty has limitations, and there are grounds for disapproval when you reach out to customer care.
The brand offers a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase as long as it is within 90 days return or refund period. Once it exceeds the 90-days countdown, the lifetime warranty will then start.
The lifetime warranty only includes concerns about the factory defects or inconsistency of the materials and qualities of the pan. If you want a replacement or a refund of the pan, make sure that your concern is one of the valid issues mentioned above, which will cost you more or less 9$ processing and shipping included.
The lifetime warranty will be invalid if the nonstick coating has already worn out or any damage due to misuse. That is why you must follow the care guide instruction of the Blue diamond pan.
What is the overall quality and performance of the Blue Diamond pan?
Maybe you are one of the few people who look for customer reviews about a specific product’s overall quality and performance because sometimes, looking at the advantages and disadvantages solely can be a bit biased review.
Though the claims on the tv commercials promoting this product may be more exaggerated than it actually is, most consumers consider this product quite okay, taking into account that it is extraordinarily affordable. However, the actions done by the promoters in their advertisement are overdramatic.
You can utilize this cookware as long as you follow the care instructions that come with the box of this product.
In case you have not yet seen the commercial for the Blue Diamond Pan, watch the video below:
2 Recommended Blue Diamond Cookware Sets
Many Blue Diamond Cookware has been advertised on television for quite some time now. If you are a consumer, who has not yet been convinced if this brand and type of cookware is worth the hype, you may want to check out a quick review of each set below.
Now that you have read through this Blue Diamond Pan in-depth review, is there something that made you change your mind? Or are you interested and convinced to get your hands on a set of this precious Blue Diamond cookware? It is always a great idea to invest in cookware because it will all come in handy, especially during grand occasions at home.