For baking or roasting, you need a reliable sheet pan – but choosing can be difficult because there are so many options. For anyone on the lookout for a new one, here are our top picks for the best sheet pan to help you find the right one for you.
1. Nordic Ware 3 Piece Baker’s Sheet Pan
For those who like to buy American-made products, here’s the option that should be of interest.
This three-piece set of sheet pans from Nordic Ware is made of pure aluminum, which means the pans will never rust. They also provide consistent and even heat distribution, helping you cook your food precisely and consistently.
We like the price too. For a three-piece set, we think these pans represent great value for money.
However, they aren’t perfect, and our main complaint is that they are very easy to scratch. This means you will have to be very careful with them if you want them to remain in perfect condition.
Also, they feel a little lightweight and flimsy, and some people might prefer trays that feel more solid.
In sum, a great pick for anyone who wants a set of trays that are suitable for a wide range of baking and roasting uses. They are reasonably priced and easy to cook with, making them another option worth checking out.
- Pure aluminum construction – will never rust
- Even heating – food is cooked uniformly
- 3-piece set – for a range of roasting and baking applications
- Reasonable price – a bargain for three sheet pans
- Made in the USA – for people who like to buy American products
- Scratch easily – need to look after them to keep them in perfect condition
- Lightweight and thin – feel a little flimsy
2. USA Pan Extra Large Baking Sheet Pan and Cooling Rack Set
If you need an extra-large sheet pan for a range of cooking applications, this could be the one you’re looking for. It features a corrugated surface that is designed to increase the flow of air, resulting in food that is more evenly cooked.
Since it’s free of PFOA and BPA, it’s a great choice if you’re worried about the health of your family, but its non-stick properties mean it’s still easy to remove food. It also has a maximum temperature of 450°F, making it a highly versatile tool to own.
On the downside, at higher temperatures, it can warp slightly – although it will return to its normal shape after it cools down. Also, it is not light, and when loaded with food, some people may find it a bit heavy to pick up or carry around.
However, apart from these minor negatives, this is an excellent product. It is made in the USA, sells at a very reasonable price and does the job it was designed for perfectly. If those are the attributes you are looking for, this pan could be a smart pick.
- XL size – big enough for a range of uses
- Corrugated surface – designed to increase airflow
- Free of PFOA and BPA – safe for health
- Made in the USA – all-American product
- Maximum temperature of 450°F – enough for most cooking applications
- Can warp at higher temperatures – although returns to normal shape when cool
- Heavy tray – especially when fully loaded with food
3. Bellemain Heavy Duty Aluminum Half Sheet Pan
This sheet pan from Bellemain is made from heavy-duty aluminum and features strong rolled-steel rims. It is super-easy to clean, so you won’t have any problems with food getting stuck to it, and since it is made of aluminum, it will never rust.
We like the way it distributes heat well, ensuring even and accurate cooking – this is a reliable pan that will give you great results every time. It also retails at a very reasonable price point, so this could be a smart pick if you don’t want to spend lots of money on a pan.
One negative to point out is that, despite the rolled-steel rims that are designed to resist warping, you may still find that it can warp at higher temperatures. However, it always returns to its normal shape after, so this shouldn’t be a huge problem.
Also, the surface tends to stain easily, although this is only cosmetic and won’t affect its performance.
All in all, this pan would be a good pick for anyone who wants a simple and reliable pan that is easy to care for and can be used to cook a range of foods. It’s a reliable pan that does its job well, making it another product that could be worth a look.
- Easy to clean – no problem getting food off after cooking
- Rust-resistant – will never develop rust
- Even cooking – distributes heat well
- Great price – excellent value for money
- Extra-thick aluminum construction – with rolled-steel rims
- Surface stains easily – although it doesn’t affect cooking performance
- Can warp at higher temperatures – despite being designed to resist warping
4. OXO 13 x 18 Inch NonStick Pro Half Sheet Pan
The OXO Good Grips pan features wide edges that make it easier to get hold of and carry about, even when it’s loaded with food. It’s made of heavy-gauge aluminumized steel, so it’s built to last, and it has a micro-textured surface for increased airflow.
One of the biggest advantages of this pan is the ceramic-reinforced non-stick coating. It provides a highly effective non-stick performance and is resistant to scratches and damage at the same time.
One gripe we have is that it comes with a sticker stuck to the cooking surface that’s hard to get off without lots of scrubbing, and we just don’t understand why companies insist on doing this. Also, it isn’t safe for broilers, but otherwise, it’s a versatile pan suitable for many uses.
In sum, this is a solid and reliable pan that you should be able to use for many years. If you are looking for a pan suitable for a range of cooking jobs, this one should be on your list of possibilities. A big thumbs-up from us.
- Heavy-gauge aluminumized steel – for excellent heat distribution
- Ceramic reinforced coating – tough and resistant non-stick surface
- Excellent non-stick performance – no food sticks to this pan
- Micro-textured surface – allows for air to pass more easily
- Wide edges – makes it easier to pick up and hold
- Sticker stuck to cooking surface – annoying that companies insist on doing this
- Not suitable for broilers – but can be used for a range of other uses
5. Rachael Ray 10 x 15 Inch Nonstick aking Sheet
If you are a fan of Rachel Ray, this non-stick sheet pan from her range should be of interest. It features a non-stick coating that makes it easy to clean, and it can be used in temperatures of up to 500°F, making it suitable for preparing a range of cookies, cakes and dishes.
We love the rubber handles that make it easy to pick up and hold, even with oven gloves on, and the high sides are another plus, allowing you to cook foods that include a lot of liquid. Finally, this pan sells for a budget-friendly price, making it great if you want to save some cash.
That said, it isn’t a top-end piece of cookware, and if you want something that is likely to last many years, this might not be the best pick, Also, like many other pans, it tends to warp at high temperatures, although it returns to normal when it cools down.
This is a cute pan that you can use to roast or bake just about anything you can think of. For anyone looking for a pan at the lower end of the price range, this one could be an obvious choice to consider.
- Great price – one of the least expensive options
- Non-stick surface – makes it easy to clean
- Maximum temperature of 500°F – plenty for a range of uses
- Rubber handles – makes it easy to pick up and hold
- Tall sides – extra depth for anything liquid
- Not high quality – may not last as long as other options
- Warps at higher temperatures – a common problem with sheet pans
6. Wildone Baking Sheet with Rack Set (3 Pans + 3 Racks)
For people who value versatility in the kitchen, this set of three pans and three racks could be the ideal solution. Having three different sizes allows you to choose the one most suited to what you’re cooking, and the racks also add to the range of techniques you can use.
Since they’re stainless steel, they won’t rust, so you don’t need to worry about having to deal with corrosion. There’s also no non-stick coating, meaning there are no harmful chemicals that can potentially find their way into your food. You can wash them in a dishwasher too.
One drawback of stainless steel is that it can be a little difficult to clean if you end up with burned-on food. Also, they can sometimes warp at high temperatures, but this is a common issue with many pans.
These would be a great pick if you prefer to avoid kitchenware with non-stick coatings. If you are looking for a set of different sized pans, this is an option that should be on your radar.
- Set of 3 – more options for a variety of dishes
- Anti-rust – you won’t have any trouble with corrosion
- Stainless steel – no harmful non-stick chemicals
- Dishwasher safe – no need to wash manually
- Sturdy and solid – built to last a long time
- Not always easy to clean – although usually not too much of a problem
- Can warp at high temperatures – like many sheet pans
7. P&P CHEF Baking Sheets and Racks Set (2 Sheet + 2 Rack)
If you liked the sound of the three-piece set above and are looking for other similar options to compare it with, this set, consisting of two trays and two racks instead of three of each, could be worth checking out.
Like the product above, since it is made of stainless steel, there is no potentially dangerous non-stick coating, and it’s safe to wash it in the dishwasher, which is great if you don’t want to do it yourself. We also think these pans look great, making them a pleasure to use.
However, they also suffer from the same issues as many other stainless-steel pans. They can be difficult to clean if food gets burned on, and if this happens, they can scratch easily when you try to scrub it off with anything abrasive.
That said, this will only affect the way they look and not their performance, so if you’re more interested in achieving great results than cosmetic considerations, these pans could be a smart pick.
- No potentially dangerous chemicals – pure stainless steel
- Attractive set – shiny and a pleasure to use
- Dishwasher safe – if you don’t want to wash them by hand
- Great price – excellent value for money
- Tough and sturdy – built to last a long time
- Scratches easily – especially if you use abrasive materials to clean it
- Can be difficult to clean – some foods will stick to the surface
8. Checkered Chef Sheet Pan and Rack Set
This pan from Checkered Chef distributes heat well for cooking food evenly and thoroughly, and it also comes with a stainless-steel rack for things like cooking bacon so that the grease can run off and be caught in the tray below.
Perhaps what we like most about this pan is that it is a high-quality item that retails at a relatively low price point, making it a real bargain. Furthermore, it also includes a silicone baking mat, meaning you’re getting even more value for money.
One small issue is that, since the rack moves a little in the pan, it can leave small and superficial scratches, although this is not a major issue.
Also, since it’s made of aluminum, it can’t be washed in the dishwasher, so if you don’t like washing things manually, you’re probably better off looking elsewhere.
Overall, this is a great option if you’re looking for a smaller-sized pan that would be ideal for cooking for two – or perhaps for taking on RV trips. If that’s the kind of thing you need, this one could be a smart option.
- Even heat distribution – cooks food evenly and thoroughly
- Stainless-steel rack – no dangerous chemicals
- Includes silicone baking mat – makes cleaning up even easier
- Great value – inexpensive for a quality item
- Compact size – ideal for use in a small oven or in an RV
- Rack scratches the pan – but only leaves minor marks
- Not dishwasher safe – made of aluminum
9. Chef Made Non-stick Carbon Steel Sheet Pan
For people who prefer to own superior products and who don’t mind paying a little extra to get their hands on them, this pan from Chefmade could be just the thing.
It boasts a highly effective non-stick coating that is completely free of PTFE and PFOA – instead, it is made of food-grade silicone and does a great job of preventing cookies or other food from sticking to the pan.
This is a heavy-duty pan that’s built to last many years. We love the thick rim that is easy to grab hold of and that helps prevent warping.
That said, it can still warp at higher temperatures, usually above 400°F, but it warps less than some inferior products – and it’s very hard to find a pan that doesn’t warp at all.
Otherwise, the only other real negative is the price since it is a little expensive. However, if you want top quality, you have to be ready to pay for it, and if you’re willing to spend more, this pan could be a great pick.
- Effective non-stick coating – and also free of PTFE and PFOA
- Heavy-duty option – built to last a long time
- Thick lip – easy to pick up and resists warping
- High edges – good if cooking something that contains liquid
- Dishwasher friendly – don’t need to wash by hand
- Can still warp – mostly at temperatures over 400°F
- Expensive option – but worth the extra money
10. New Star Foodservice Sheet Pan
This is a budget-friendly sheet pan with tough and durable aluminum construction. It can withstand both hot and cold temperatures, making it a versatile tool to own, and thanks to its regular shape, it’s easy to store when you don’t need it.
One thing we like about this pan it the extra-large size. It’s perfect for cooking meals for big families – or alternatively, for making larger batches of cookies.
However, since it is made of aluminum, you will need to wash it by hand, so if you want something that can go in the dishwasher, this is not the right pan for you.
Also, it is a little prone to scratching, although a couple of superficial marks will do nothing to affect its ability to produce delicious cookies or any other food you want to cook on it.
In short, this is a great option if you’re looking for a no-frills pan for a range of cooking jobs. If that’s what you need, at this low price, you can hardly go wrong.
- Aluminum construction – strong and durable
- Can withstand hot and cold temperatures – a versatile pan
- Easy to store – stackable design
- XL size – great for making larger meals
- Super-low price – very budget-friendly pick
- Handwash only – like all aluminum products
- Prone to scratching – need to take care of it to keep it in perfect condition
What to Look for When Buying a Sheet Pan?
If you’re looking for a new sheet pan, you’ll be wondering about the kind of things you should consider when choosing. Let’s have a look at some of the most important factors now.
One of the most common problems with almost any sheet pan is that they tend to warp at higher temperatures. They heat up and then you suddenly hear a loud pop – and your pan is no longer flat.
This can be a problem if you are cooking something with juices or liquid because severe warping can allow it all to spill out. Sometimes, they can also warp so violently that food is thrown out of the pan.
It’s very difficult to find a pan that doesn’t warp at all, but some are built to be more resistant to warping than others, and this is something you should consider when choosing.
If you choose a non-stick pan, food will come off more easily and it will be easier to clean.
However, some people worry about chemicals used in non-stick coatings, like PTFE and PFOA, and prefer to choose other materials.
Some materials are naturally non-stick but don’t contain any of these chemicals, and they could be a better choice if you are worried about ingesting substances that may damage your health.
Non-stick coatings also wear off, and when this happens, the pan will need replacing.
Alternatively, you could choose a pan with no non-stick coating. This will last longer, but you may find it more difficult to clean.
Make sure you pay careful attention to the size of the pan you are buying – as well as the size of your oven. If in doubt, use a tape measure to check the dimensions of your oven to make sure any pan you’re interested in will fit.
Pans have an upper-temperature limit, usually in the range of around 400-450°F, so you should check that a pan is suitable for use with the kind of temperatures you need it for.
Heat distribution is important in any cookware. If heat is distributed well, your food will be cooked evenly, but if not, you will find some parts are burned while others are undercooked.
If you don’t want to wash your pan by hand, you should make sure it is safe for the dishwasher. All aluminum pans must be washed by hand and should never be put in a dishwasher.
Plenty of great options to choose from
As you can see, there are many great options to choose from and at prices suitable for just about any budget. If you need a new sheet pan for your kitchen but are finding it hard to make up your mind, any of the picks in our review would be a great place to start your search.